Biological Engineering Society
Biological Engineering Society is a scientific forum constituted for the advancement of Biological Engineering and allied disciplines including
Bioprocess Technology, Biochemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering and various facets of Biotechnology.
The Society was founded in the year 2016 under the stewardship of Prof P Ghosh.
Advancement of scientific knowledge and research in relation to Biological Engineering in all its aspects to improve our basic understanding in biological engineering and take initiative in developing professional skills for industrial bioprocess development.
To achieve the above goals, the Society shall;
- Hold periodical meetings, seminars, workshops, conferences and social gatherings.
- Actively encourage research, teaching and training programmes at various centres.
- Engage in public education and training with the objective of imparting basic and advanced skills in biological engineering for the welfare of all.
- May take up active research program in specific fields of biological engineering for process development and act as industry-academic interphase for transferring technology.
- Publish, distribute or otherwise circulate records, transactions and proceedings of the various meetings, seminars, workshop and conferences of the Society. Society may publish and circulate journals which shall have a character specifically related to Biological Engineering and which may be the official organ of the Society.
- Coordinate and cooperate as necessary and as seen fit with other Societies or
Organisations in India and abroad having similar and allied objectives.
- Raise money through memberships fees, contributions, grants and donations and invest any sum belonging to the Society not immediately required, in such a manner as the Society may think fit.
- Construct, maintain, Improve or alter and repair any building occupied by the
- Provide facilities for association and conference among students of biological engineering and for encouraging a close relationship between them and those in related sciences.
- Advocate policies in the interest of the nation in the field of biological engineering.
- Facilitate international cooperation in the field of Biological Engineering and allied fields.
- Encourage interest and enquiry in the broad area of Biological Engineering in the most liberal manner to foster cooperation among engineers, scientists, technologists and allied professionals interested in applying engineering principles to systems of biological origin, aimed at improving the quality of human life.
- Strive to affect professional standards for engineering practices by providing a platform to focus attention on globally up-to-date educational curricula, promoting academia-industry interaction and dissemination of knowledge generated through R&D, and thus promoting excellence in professional development of its members.
- Make efforts to advance public understanding and catalyze responsible use of technology resulting from Biological Engineering and allied fields.
- Represent the interests of the members through participation in national public bodies, associating with international bodies and participate in other activities that are beneficial for the advancement of Biological Engineering in India or abroad to achieve the objectives mentioned above.
- Do all such and other things as are cognate to the objectives of the Society or are incidental or conducive for the attainment of the above objectives.